Ready for a cultural journey across the globe? Durham College Students Inc. and UOIT Student Union have partnered to bring you the most anticipated event of the year – Pangaea! One of the longest standing events at DC and UOIT, Pangaea celebrates the diverse cultures on campus by serving up some delicious cuisine and stellar performances from around the world!
You’ve got your passport; now it’s time to take off and get a taste of campus cultures by sampling dishes from eight world regions. When you stop by a booth, our amazing volunteers will stamp your passport and offer up some delicious global fare.
After taking your taste buds on a tour of the world, you can grab a seat and send your eyes and ears to explore cultural performances by DC and UOIT students. Bon voyage!
January 21 to March 8
March 21, 4:00PM
Pack your bags!
We have a lot of prizes to give away that will help you prepare for your next big trip! Prizes will be given out throughout the day leading up to the grand prize at the end of the event. Be sure to stick around to see if you’ve won.
Note: Only Durham College and UOIT students can claim prizes. Student ID must be shown to enter the draw and collect winnings.
Become a Performer
Students make Pangaea special, and we are always looking for student performers eager to share their culture. To perform at Pangaea, you must submit an audition video during the audition period. Please email your audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Performance requirements are listed below.
- All performance MUST have a cultural significance
- Performers must submit an audition online showcasing what they plan to perform
- All performers must be a current student, staff and/or faculty of Durham College and UOIT
- Performance must not exceed 10 minutes in length
- Performers must be available to arrive early on the day of the event prepared to perform
What does Pangaea mean?
Pangaea [pan-jee-uh] noun, Geology
- The hypothetical landmass that existed when all continents were joined, from about 300 to 200 million years ago. See also supercontinent.
- An annual celebration that brings together the diverse cultures that makes up the Durham College and UOIT community.
How much does the event cost?
Pangaea is a free event! Entrance is first come, first served – so be sure to arrive early.
Can I bring a guest?
Pangaea has proven to continually hit capacity so we have opted to only allow Durham College and UOIT students, staff, and faculty to attend.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
There are many food options available suitable for a variety of dietary restrictions. If you suffer from a food allergy or intolerance, please let your server know at the event.